SWF Staff Participates in the 2012 International Astronautical Congress in Naples, Italy
Monday, October 22, 2012
Every year, the International Astronautical Federation together with the International Academy of Astronautics and the International Institute of Space Law (IISL), holds the International Astronautical Congress (IAC). The IAC is an annual meeting of the actors in the discipline of space and consists of plenary sessions, lectures and meetings. In addition there is a large exhibition running concurrently.
The congress is attended by the agency heads and senior executives of the world's space agencies along with academics, researchers, industry and commerce executives, students and young professionals.
SWF has had a strong presence and participation at IACs for several years now. Many staff members have presented papers, chaired sessions, organized side events and participated in various Technical Committees. This year SWF presented following papers:
• Natassa Antoniou with Agnieszka Lukaszczyk - The complexity of the European space governance - Does it work?
• Agnieszka Lukaszczyk - International Code of Conduct for Outer Space Activities vis a vis other space security initiatives.
• Agnieszka Lukaszczyk with Stefano Scarda (EC) and Frederic Bastide (EC) - Space for development: a policy perspective.
• Ray Williamson with Natassa Antoniou - Data policies, Capacity Building, and Disaster Response.
• Ray Williamson with Leonard David and Rusty Schweickart (ASE) - Crafting an Effective Communications Plan For an International Response To a Threatening Near Earth Object.
• Tiffany Chow with Michael Kretzenbacher (SGAC), Guzel Kamaletdinova (SGAC), Minoo Rathnasabapathy - Novel approaches to international cooperation and data sharing for SSA.
• Tiffany Chow with Kate Becker - Lessons Learned from Maritime Domain Awareness for International SSA Data Sharing
• Tiffany Chow with Jacob Sutherlun (NOAA) - CEOS working group on capacity building and data democracy: opportunities for cooperation