Publications by Dr. Michael Simpson
Dr. Michael Simpson, Executive Director of Secure World Foundation (read bio)
- "Which direction for Space (Part II), Space Policy, Vol. 21, No. 2, May 2005.
- "A Biome for Thought: An Essay on the American University of Paris," an article published in AAICU Journal (The Official Journal of the Association of American International Colleges and Universities), Vol. 1, No. 1., April 2002.
- "IISC: Responding to the need for strategic thinking in the commercial space sector," with Professor Dr. Walter Peeters, presented to the International Astronautical Congress, Daejeon, Korea, October 16, 2009.
- "Broadening the Base: Cooperation as a Springboard for New Participants in the Space Sector," chapter accepted for publication in the forthcoming book, "International Cooperation for the Development of Space", the Aerospace Technology Working Group, September 2012.
- "Spin-out and Spin-in in the Newest Space Age," Chapter 5 in Space Commerce: The Inside Story," Aerospace Technology Working Group, September 2010.
- Rockets Fly High, a young children's book about space flight, self-published through Blurb, 2007.
- "International Collaboration: Working Together is More than Cooperating," Opening Session address, Space Generation Fusion Forum, Colorado Springs, CO, April 15, 2012
- "Looking Forward and Outward," panel keynote address at ISU Symposium on "Sustainability of Space Activities: International Issues and Potential Solutions," Strasbourg, France, February 23, 2012.
- "New Space for Lawyers: Implications for practice and professional development," a talk delivered to a meeting of representatives of the International Institute of Air and Space Law and the Netherlands Space Society (NVR). Leiden, The Netherlands, April 29, 2011.
- "Le Prochain Ère Spatiale: ce qui est différent et ce qui ne l'est pas.," a talk in French presented to the Jeunes Ambassadeurs d'Alsace, Illkirch-Graffenstaden, France, March 3, 2011.
- "What Choices for Latvia," a talk presented to government, academic, and commercial representatives in Riga, Latvia in connection with the Nordic BaltSat initiative under the European Commission's Framework 7 Program, February 25, 2011.
- "What Choices for Lithuania," a talk presented to government, academic, and commercial representatives in Vilnius, Lithuania in connection with the Nordic BaltSat initiative under the European Commission's Framework 7 Program, February 23, 2011.
- "Space and Education," presentation in Warsaw, Poland in connection with the Nordic BaltSat initiative under the European Commission's Framework 7 Program, February 21, 2011.
- "The Political Economy of Space," presentation to civil servants and educators, Tallinn, Estonia, in connection with the Nordic BaltSat initiative under the European Commission's Framework 7 program, October 2010.
- "The Next Space Age," a talk presented to the Denver Eclectics, Denver, Colorado, October 17, 2010.
- "Cultivating Human Resources for the Space Sector," panel presentation, President's Forum - Future of Aerospace Education: Establishing a Global Network among the Aerospace Educators," Daejeon, Korea, October 16, 2009.
- "Building New Space Together: Research Opportunities and Strategies," Keynote Address to Ilan Ramon Memorial Conference, Fischer Brothers Institute, Herzliya, Israel, January 28, 2009.
- "Niche Markets for Space Entrepreneurs," keynote address, Global Space Technology forum, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E, November 18, 2008.
- "Building New Space Together," keynote address, International Symposium on Personal and Commercial Spaceflight," Las Cruces, New Mexico, October 23, 2008.
- "New Space is International Space," keynote address, DS-X/DC-XA Reunion, Alamogordo, New Mexico, August 18, 2008.
- "New Space: What's Different and What's Not," speech to the English-Speaking Union, Strasbourg, France, May 2008.
- "NEO's, NEA's, and PHA's, Challenges and Opportunities for Educators," invited lecture, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, China, June 21, 2007.
- "A Bridge Big Enough for All of Us," a presentation to the annual meeting of the American Astronautical Society, which assembled around the theme, "Building Bridges for Exploration: The Role of the International Space Station", Houston, Texas, November 16, 2005.
- "International, Interdisciplinary, and Intercultural Space Education", International Lunar Conference on the Exploration and Utilization of the Moon, Toronto, Canada, September 20, 2005.
- "Hearing in a Vacuum," presentation on the challenge of interdisciplinary communications at the National Space Symposium, Colorado Springs, Colorado, April 5, 2005.
- "The X-Prize and New Entrepreneurial Developments," a presentation to the staff of the Centre Spatial Guyanais, Korou, French Guiana, November 10, 2004.
- Opening speaker, "Diplomacy Beyond 2000: Institutional Corruption and Good Governance," co-sponsored by The Diplomatic Academy of London, Transparence_International (France), and The Center for the Study of Corruption at The American University of Paris, Paris, France May 31, 2001.